GARMENTS, NO GARBAGE - This is the Post Waste Era
Worn out clothes and textiles get a new lease of life: post-consumer textile waste is used for the new Post Waste collection by Pure Waste.
Every person on the planet throws 14 kilograms of textiles into waste every year. From 2025 onwards, an EU regulation bans throwing post-consumer textiles into waste.
The clothes we wear can no longer be wasted. They must be worn out, collected and recycled. In six years, we must treat used clothes as raw material, not as garbage.
• Treat stains with gel, Marseille soap or baking soda before wash.
• For odour removal, we recommend soaking in spirit vinegar before wash.
• Wash with similar colours.
• Turn garment inside out, place in a microfibre washing bag.
• Machine wash at 40° C on normal cycle. Maximum spin cycle is allowed.
• Use an ecological and fragrance-free detergent. Vinegar is an excellent ecological fabric softener.
• Dry on a finger-wide hanger rather than in the dryer. It saves energy. Steaming preferred. If ironing, use only medium heat.
Read more about responsible laundry & ecological wardrobe maintanence